Burnt Barn Studio
It’s Worth Your While
Burnt Barn Studio – named for our original barn lost to a devastating wildfire – is a multi-purpose creative space deep in the Pacific Northwest’s Columbia River Gorge. High on a hilltop above the river, the 1,100-square-foot high-ceilinged open hall encourages an array of possibilities: songwriting (solo or in group sessions), rehearsal, performance, and 16-track digital recording, from fast demos to full projects.
Only an hour from Portland, our solar-powered recording palace offers distraction-free time and space to devote to your art and craft, amid the deer, digger squirrels, and occasional black bear, coyote, bobcat and cougar (don’t worry, you’re safe) who roam the hillside, and a sky full of red-tail hawks, eagles, osprey, falcons, and other birds. Expansive views of the Gorge (both Oregon and Washington sides) encourage rampant, unbridled creativity.
Limited onsite accommodations are available for multi-day stays. High-speed Internet, big-screen television/Apple TV, and more.
Oh, did we mention it’s free?
If you gotta be someplace to create, it might as well be here!
For rehearsal/show situations we offer:
- Versatile Yamaha O2R digital mixing board (multiple mixes/sends/effects available)
- Mackie 808 powered mixing board
- Yamaha S115V mains
- Yamaha SM112IV monitors
- Crown, QSC, and EV power amps
- Rane EQ
- Shure SM57, SM58, Audix and other microphones (including Audio-Technica wireless capability)
- Yamaha O2R mixing board
- 2 Focusrite Saffire Pro40 digital interfaces, offering 16 channels of analog recording (plus Saffire MixControl, for virtually endless mixes/sends)
- Apple G5 Tower/Logic (but feel free to bring your own recording OS)
- Yamaha NS-10 near-field monitors (driven by a Hafler TA 1100 amp)
- nEar 05 powered near-field monitors
- JBL 4430 Studio Monitors
- UA and ART outboard microphone preamps
- Shure, Rode, Audix, Cascade, Audio-Technica, AKG, Otava microphones
- Furman and Beringer headphone distribution
- Hammond A-100 organ, with Leslie
- Vintage Baldwin baby grand piano
- A selection of electric/acoustic guitars and basses, including a 1941 Kay Chubby Jackson five-string upright and a Ray Ramirez Baby Bass electric upright.
- Pearl maple-shell drum kit, Zildjian/Sabian cymbals
For vintage listening pleasure:
- Marantz 2270 stereophonic receiver
- Pioneer and Akai speakers
- Sony and Technics cassette/CD players
- Vinyl library
For inquiries about the studio and availability, please click here.